ITS SPRING! Winter has been long and cold so knock of the cob webs and enjoy the warmth of the sun. We have created a list, with the help of I Love NY, of all things you can enjoy this Spring, and most of all they're all free!
1. Climb the tallest Mountain in NY: Mount Marcy, in the Adirondacks located in the High Peaks Wilder Area towers at 5,344 ft tall.
2. Get a sugar high at the Marathon Maple Festival. Celebrate New York State’s maple season with food, entertainment and more maple syrup than you know what to do with.
3. Brunch en plein air at Bear Mountain State Park. Do Sunday morning brunch with a view at Bear Mountain State Park, where hiking trails, fishing and other outdoor pursuits await. Maybe even do a little landscape painting?
4. Rock climb at the Shawangunks. Named the East Coast’s greatest rock climbing by National Geographic, the Shawangunk Mountains are a 12-mile long escarpment overlooking the Hudson River Valley. Stretching 12 miles long and 300 feet high, you could spend weeks climbing the ‘Gunks’ and never get bored.
5. Swim Sandy Beach. Take a swim or paddle at Sandy Beach, in the Thousand Islands-Seaway region. It’s the only significant freshwater dune site in the Northeastern US.
6. Find peace in the Catskills.Wander a breathtaking vista or sit on a quaint covered bridge over a babbling brook and soak in all the fresh air and calm vibes that springtime in New York State offers. If you’re lucky, you’ll cross paths with wild deer!
7. Fly a kite at Glimmerglass State Park.Just eight miles outside of Cooperstown, Glimmerglass State Park overlooks Lake Otsego. Hike the partially wooded trails and bring your kite - the breeze that gently blows off the lake is perfect for kite-flying and wind-surfing alike.
8. Let Ithaca’s towering waterfalls take your breath away.From small cascades to thundering falls dropping hundreds of feet, Ithaca is home to more than 100 majestic waterfalls that will knock you off your feet.
9. Experience Yaddo Gardens.Formal rose and rock gardens are just the beginnings of the magnificent working arts community of Yaddo Gardens in Saratoga. See shows, exhibitions and performances of a lifetime for free all year round.
10. Prep your storage unit for the Summer. I know, I know...it doesnt sound like too much fun, but it will be worth it!